Au Pair: Language Course
Before the commencement of the program you will attend an intensive language course. If your language level is already intermediate, the course can be waivered and the cost deducted from the program fee. The language classes consists of:
- 40 hours of Spanish classes (2 weeks from de 9.30am-1.pm Monday to Friday). There is a maximum of 8 students in each class, average 5. All teachers are native Spanish speakers, educated to at least degree level and with specific teaching qualifications.
- Cultural and Social Activities Program, which is aimed at improving your knowledge of Madrid itself (through our walking tours of the city and visits to world-famous art museums) and also the culture and customs of Spain. This program also involves evenings, where you can enjoy food and drink typical of Spain, whilst making friends with other students from the school. Some events are free and others have a small charge.
- Our school is centrally located in an up-market neighborhood of Madrid. It is a fully-equipped, specialized language schools for intensive language courses in Spanish.
- There are plenty of opportunities to participate in class conversations and to get to know your classmates from all over the world.
- Most legal holidays cannot be made up, except in Madrid which has the policy to make up half of all hours missed due to holidays. For further information please inquire whether your participation dates conflict.
The school provides:
- Placement test
- Orientation pack
- Free access to the internet from 8.30am until 9.30pm school’s computer terminals and wifi.
- Library service
- Conversation exchange with native Spanish speakers
- 24h emergency number
- End of course certificate