There are no language or academic requirements for this program, just a sincere interest in learning and a love for children. Our requirements:
- Female between 18 and 26 years of age
- Native speaker of English
- Experience with children
- Interest in Spanish language and culture. (Basic Spanish is helpful but not compulsory.)
- Able to commit yourself for at least 3 months (1 or 2 in the summer) with the possibility of renewal if desired.
1. Applications are accepted all year round.
2. A typical application will take around two months to process.
3. To apply, fill in the application form online.
4. collect the necessary documentation:
- A passport size photo (smiling!)
- 2 Color photos of you with your family.
- 2 Color photos of you with children.
- A letter to the host family in English and Spanish (if possible) saying why you want to go to Spain, your interests and hobbies, experience with children and any special habits you might have (i.e. diet). Note: We will translate letters for 30 euros a page, inquire here.
- 2 reference letters (preferably one from a child care referee).
- Medical Report (from your family doctor on his/her letterhead).
- Police Report (a document of good conduct saying you have no criminal record for travel purposes).
- Photocopy of passport.
- Photocopy of any degrees, certificates, diplomas or other qualifications you might have.
5. send the documents scanned by jpg file to our email address (email@example.com) with the registration fee of $300. (see Terms and Conditions). Or you can make the deposit through Paypal in our Payments Area
6. Set up a time for an telephone interview. (optional)
7. You will begin to receive phone calls, or emails from host families.
8. When you have been invited by a family and accepted, buy your round-trip airline ticket.
9. Payment of BEST fee.
10.When you arrive in Spain you will be picked up by your host family and contacted by someone from the staff at BEST.